Welcome to the old mill house
“il vecchio mulino”
A truly typical Tuscan property,
set in a beautiful area of
This is a substantial stone-built detached house that stands in it's own grounds of 2 acres. Being a working watermill right up to 1959, it still retains a number of original features, including some of the millstones used for grinding the corn. The property features a Lucchese staircase, and exposed chestnut beams in a number of the rooms.
From the terraces to the front and the rear, there are stunning panoramic views up and down the valley.
Located in the
countryside near the famous Garfagnana region and nature reserve and only 3 kms
from the medieval hilltop town of
The house is offered for rent on a fully furnished basis. It includes:
- 4 bedrooms (3 double beds and 2 singles)
- kitchen/breakfast room, dining room and a spacious lounge (including TV)
- a large bathroom (with ensuite in the master bedroom)
The grounds include:
- some 2 acres of stepped land
- walkways with numerous fruit trees and local flora
- below the house, a river of fresh spring water with rockpools, ideal for taking a dip!
Please note the property may not be entirely suitable for the elderly without a car, or those with young children (under 10 years old). We offer this advice as there is a slope up to the front door; also whilst the terraces have railings around them, there is a drop to the river below.